Hello! My name is Gabrielle Salton and I am a senior here at The University of Houston, I graduate May 9th and I can't wait! I am currently students teaching at Fiest Elementary school in Cy-Fair school district. I am in a reading and writing 3rd grade class and loving every second of it! I have no gotten the opportunity to work with ELLs exclusively but I have been lucky enough to watch the teacher next door to me teach them and I feel like I have been able to learn a lot from that! I do not speak any other languages but did take three years of Spanish in high school so I do think i can understand the language pretty well, just not be able to respond in any way. I am excited for what I will learn in this class in this upcoming semester! The last language class I took last semester was very knowledgeable and I hope it helps me reach my goal of being a ESL certified teacher.
Click here to watch my first blog entry!
https://youtu.be/YxThIFY1SRs
Hey Gabby I really liked your video, I could relate with you a lot about taking a second language it is really hard to speak and be able to talk to Others who are so good at the language. I really hope for the best with your testing it is really great that you have gone out to observe an ELL class because there are not in your classroom. Including if you want to certify in that. Ortega Says “whether we grow up with 12 or several languages and most causes we learned additional anger languages later in life”(Ortega,2013). I’m sure you will do great as a ELL teacher.
ReplyDeleteHi Kate-Lynn! Thanks for taking the time to watch my video! I do feel very lucky that I have gotten to experience the classroom with ELLs in it and with a ESL certified teacher in it. I have seen all of the work that goes into making sure that things are differentiated just right. I think that through this class and this observation I have been able to do it will help me a lot when achieving my goal of being a ESL certified teacher.
ReplyDeleteHey Gabby! I loved watching your video and learning about your experiences with language. I think the fact that you have gone through the process of learning another language, regardless of at what age, will be SO beneficial for both you and your students. You’ll be able to relate to them in their struggles and their success in learning a new language. Ortega say that its possible to learn a new language at any age so continuing your language learning experience is totally possible! Your students will be so lucky to have a symphathetic and encouraging teacher like yourself!
ReplyDelete